Laparoscopic Surgeries in Gynaecology
Laparoscopic surgeries in Gynaecology uses methods to look inside a woman’s pelvic area primarily to determine conditions such as endometriosis or fibroids. It can also be a form of treatment for conditions like ovarian cyst removal and removal of uterus.
Most of gynaecological laparoscopy surgeries are performed on general anesthesia and on an average the patient can be discharged the same day or maximum of within 24 hours.
Dr. Kiran KJ is offering specialist consultation for Laporoscopic surgeries in Gynaecology in Bangalore.
Dr.Kiran KJ can be approached for the following surgeries:
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy which is the total removal of the uterus (womb) and the cervix, but not the ovaries. The surgery is done through 4 small incisions around the uterus
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy which is also the total removal of the uterus and/or Fallopian tubes and ovaries but through the vagina, unlike TLH. This procedure is performed only when regular hysterectomy is not possible.
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy which is an operation to remove fibroid tumours (myomas) from the uterus. Through this procedure, one can retain the uterus, and is an alternative treatment to hysterectomy. Though sometimes a more difficult to perform than hysterectomy, it preserves the reproductive option for the patient.
- Laparoscopic ectopic pregnancy Surgery which is an emergency procedure followed to terminate an ectopic pregnancy or surgical removal of the fertilized egg which has attached in a place other than uterus, usually the fallopian tube, and in rare cases, in an ovary, the cervix, or the belly. Surgery is the only option in this case as an ectopic pregnancy cannot be converted to a normal pregnancy.
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy which is the removal of an ovarian cyst with preservation of the ovary. This is essential when the ovarian cysts don’t dissolve on their own or are unresponsive to drugs and medicines.
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Torsion Surgery is also an emergency procedure to fix an ovary that has twisted called as ovarian torsion. A fallopian tube may also sometimes twist with the ovary. This can happen when an ovary has a cyst or tumor, thereby causing the ovary to rotate and cutting off the blood flow. This surgery helps restore the blood flow to the ovaries by untwisting the ovaries.